Course Outline For Leak Detection Training
The Hands On Swimming Pool Leak Detection Training Course takes one day at our location. You’ll learn practical applications on actual functioning pool equipment performing swimming pool and spa leak detections using the tools in the LeakTronics Complete Pro Kit. You’ll learn and understand pool plumbing configurations, pressure testing and video camera use for detailed inspections. You’ll learn to decipher the differences between structural issues and non-structural issues . You’ll use each tool in a controlled situation that delivers real life leak situations as they happen in actual leak detection calls. From how to find a leak and how to diagnose the severity of the leak situation.
When you’ve completed your training, we’ll provide you with a Certified Leak Specialist logo for your website as well as a link exchange on our “trained specialists” website where potential customers around the world can find you, a trained and “certified” leak detection specialist. We even refer work when people in your area ask for professional contact information.
We’ll help you with photos for your website and social media of your training and share tips and tricks we learned through years of real world applications. Of course, we’re always a phone call or email away if you have trouble finding that first leak, or at any time there after when you have a question.
- General Static Testing
- Pre-locating Leaks Using the LeakTronics Pool Scope
- Master the LT1000 Noise Reducing Amplifier to Greatly Reduce or Eliminate any Background Noise
- Pressure Testing Lines (return lines, skimmer lines, spa jet lines, etc) with a Mixture of Air and Water
- Pinpointing Leaks Under Concrete (slabs, patios, decks, etc) Using the DeckPlate while Pressure Testing
- How to Perform Underground Visual Pipe Inspections with the Hand Held Video Pro with Dye Injection
- Precise Locating of Underground Pipe Leaks Using the Patented FLASH Leak Location System
- Locating Leaks in Soil and Grassy Areas
- How to Check Valves at the Equipment Area with the Multi Purpose Pipe Probe
- Swimming Pool and Spa Configurations
- Line locating, tracing and mapping
- Pool Plumbing Configurations
- Learn to Decipher Swimming Pool and Spa Structural Issues from Non-Structural Issues
- Leak Detection Methods that are Proprietary to LeakTronics
- Customer Psychology: How much to Bill, How much to Charge
- Learning to Diagnose a Pool Prior to your Arrival
- Fact Gathering on your Initial Phone Call
- Scouting Competition in your Specific Area
- Structural Repair Tutorials
- Leak Detection Statistics
Included in your LeakTronics Plumbers Kit
- LT1000 Amplifier – A Leak Detection Amplifier that has been Designed By LeakTronics to Work with all LeakTronics Components
- Two Microphones – one for General Listening (pool scope), the Other (pipe mic) is Specifically used to Find Leaks in Pipes (main drains, return lines, skimmer lines, etc.)
- Deck Plate(TM) with Advanced Noise Filtering Technology Makes Listening Through Concrete, Brick, Rock or any other Solid Surface Simple
- Patented Phantom Powered Amplifier with Noise Reduction
- Adjustable Volume Headphones
- Refillable Dye Injector
- Underwater Flashlight – for Looking in Skimmer (seams) and Light Niches
- Inspection Mirror – for Hard to see Places
- Durable Carrying Case
- Video Scope with Dye Injection
- Pressure Rig with Controllable Air & Water Valves
- 1.5 inch and 2 Inch Injection Plugs (one of each)
- 1.5 inch and 2 Inch Compression Plugs (four of each)
What We Provide With Leak Detection Training
- Complete Technical Manual
- Unlimited Lifetime Technical/Customer Support
- Certified Leak Specialist logo for your website as well as a link exchange
- We provide examples of the following: Call sheets, Repair estimates, Contracts, Invaluable information which we have mastered along the past 30 years
- How to use all of our tools in order to confirm your diagnosis
- Airfare and Accommodations Not Included
- Certificate of Completion
A Proven Method
Our Patented LeakTronics Equipment changed a leak detection market riddled with antiquated equipment that lags in performance and works poorly, costing homeowners and commercial businesses thousands in unnecessary repairs and wasted time. Some of those same tools, unfortunately, are still making their rounds t0day from our competitors! Leak Detection Technicians, Contractors, Plumbers and more use LeakTronics on a daily basis, on Leak Detection jobs of all sizes and scopes, earning top dollar. You will too.
Business and Marketing
Aside from the Leak Detection training, you will learn business practices and marketing strategies to ensure that your business is set up for success! From sample invoices and call sheets, to web building and advertising, we’ll give you the tools to make your business complete!
We’ll also provide you with a company listing and a map location on our Trained Leak Professionals area of our website to give you a big visibility boost. We also give a direct link from our website to yours, to boost your organic ranking on major search engines.
Please check our FIND A PRO PAGE to see the expansive network of contractors receiving daily leads from Leaktronics. We provide you with leak detection content and information for your website, as well as product pictures.
Minimal licensing is needed to perform Leak Detections, check with your state on this.
We Offer Outstanding Technical Support
We’re in it for the long haul, and know that our trainee’s success depends on our support and guidance! When you’re in a pinch, we will always do our best to answer your calls and give you expert advice for the tough jobs that you may encounter. Our website is a hub for Leak Detection knowledge, informative articles, helpful videos and operating manuals that are available 24/7 from your mobile device or desktop. We are constantly building upon our extensive knowledge-base, adding new tips and techniques, along with troubleshooting information. If you’re old-school, and prefer speaking with a human, our technical support team can be reached by telephone during business hours or by email daily.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Do I need to purchase LeakTronics Equipment separately?
A. Our Swimming Pool Leak Detection training course includes the equipment you need to succeed.
Q. Do I need to be in the pool industry to take the course?
A. While being in the pool industry and understanding various pool systems helps, it is not a requirement for taking our training class.
Q. What if I run into a problem after training is over?
A. Call our office. Our customer support team is available by phone, email and our website.
Q. What can I expect to know after I leave?
A. You will leave with a wealth of knowledge about leak detections and inspections. You will know how to use electronic equipment such as hydrophones, pipe mics, slide mics and video cameras. You will understand pool plumbing configurations and know how to pressure test and static test plumbing lines.